From stunning marble to classic butcherblock, there’s no shortage of options if you’re looking to install new countertops in your kitchen. While each of the counter materials you look at will have its own advantages, granite countertops in Brooklyn, NY are often your best bet. Continue reading to learn a few of the reasons why more and more homeowners across the world are choosing granite over other materials:
- Add value: There’s a good chance that you’ll want to sell your house at some point in your lifetime, and you’ll obviously want to get the most money possible for it. One way to do that and attract potential buyers is to upgrade your countertops to a desirable material, like granite. Homebuyers are more likely to purchase a home with upgraded and high-end amenities. Better yet, granite will never go out of style, so it’ll always be a popular choice even if you sell years from now.
- Anti-bacterial: Even the cleanest-looking kitchens can have microscopic germs lurking around. Thankfully, homeowners with granite countertops don’t have to worry about them so much. Since granite is non-porous, those germs can’t creep into the surface, like they can with some other materials. Granite’s smooth and even surface also allows you to quickly clean up crumbs or spills for the cleanest kitchen in town.
- Durable: It’s hard to top granite if you’re looking for a sturdy and long-lasting countertop! Granite is tough enough on its own, but applying a sealant makes it even stronger. The right sealant can protect against stains and makes it much more difficult to scratch or chip.
- Easy to fix: Though your granite can handle a lot, it’s not invincible! Dropping a heavy pan directly on the counter can chip it, and chopping vegetables directly on the granite can scratch it. The good news? You can typically fix small imperfections yourself, and you can pick up granite repair kits at your local hardware store.
- Easy to maintain: You can help ensure that you never have to worry about repairs if you maintain your new granite countertops. Luckily, that’s not very challenging. Your granite should be sealed every three to five years to keep it protected, but other than that, all you need to do is wipe the counters down with soapy water when they’re dirty. Unlike other materials, there’s no need to apply special oils or anything like that.
- Family-friendly: Many kids like helping out in the kitchen. Unfortunately, they tend to be a little uncoordinated and unskilled at times, which leads to a lot of spills. That’s not a big deal if you have granite counters. As mentioned above, a sealant protects against stains, even those that would typically ruin a different countertop material. As long as the spill is wiped up quickly, you’ve got nothing to worry about.
If you’re interested in installing granite counters in your kitchen, you need to come by our showroom! At Euro House Tile & Marble, we’re the number one supplier of high-quality granite countertops in Brooklyn, NY. Come in today to check out our vast selection of countertops!
Categorised in: Granite Countertops