When it comes to flooring materials, nothing is more lovely and luxurious than natural stone. Granite and marble are two examples of natural stone that are perfect for residential applications, including flooring. If you’re thinking about installing natural stone flooring tiles in any room of your home, read on. Here are the top five benefits of stone flooring for Brooklyn, NY homes:
- Durability: Of all the flooring options available, stone is the hardest and strongest. Stone flooring can hold up under a great deal of stress compared to other types of flooring materials, like vinyl or wood. As far as resiliency goes, most stone is pretty resistant to cracking and other damage, stands up well under heavy foot traffic and spills and is resistant to the scratches that often accompany the movement of heavy furniture. These characteristics make stone tile floors ideal for the entire home, especially hallways, kitchens and bathrooms.
- Aesthetics: Stone presents endless options for flooring. Tiles come in a wide variety of styles, patterns and colors, and since stone is a natural material, each individual stone tile making up your floor is sure to be unique. Because stone tiles can be arranged in many different patterns, installing a new stone floor is the perfect opportunity for homeowners to let their creative juices flow. There’s no doubt there’s something for everyone, whether you are looking for an earthy appearance or a comfortable feel underfoot.
- Improved indoor air quality: Carpet flooring is a nice option, but it does have a major downside: it’s incredibly easy for dust and other contaminants to collect in carpet fibers. Even if you vacuum your carpets a couple times a week, a lot of unhealthy particles remain embedded in the fibers only to be kicked up into the air when walked on. This can exacerbate asthma and allergy symptoms. With stone floors, your vacuum sucks up allergens easily. Reducing contaminants significantly improves indoor air quality so you can breathe easier.
- Versatility: Each type of stone that can be used for flooring brings its own special feel and aesthetics to the table. Marble is elegant and classy, making it an excellent choice for kitchens. Granite’s shiny, speckled surface looks great in bathrooms, while you might be drawn to slate for its natural durability and waterproof traits. Stone flooring’s versatility allows it to work in just about any space in your home.
- Easy care and maintenance: Natural stone is one of the easiest types of flooring to keep clean. All that’s needed is some weekly sweeping or vacuuming to get rid of dust, dirt and other debris. Use a wet cloth to wipe up small spills, but take a mop to the floor to deal with bigger spills. Food and beverage spills come up easily off stone and won’t stain or damage the floor’s beautiful coloring.
Come to Euro House Tile & Marble for a selection of the highest quality stone flooring in Brooklyn, NY. Call or visit us today to check out our flooring inventory!
Categorised in: Stone Flooring