Adding a stone patio or a stone surface around your pool is a fantastic way to enhance your backyard’s appearance and make a more accessible space. But choosing the right outdoor stones in Brooklyn, NY is tough if you don’t know what to look for! There are tons of options out there, and making the right choice can be a struggle. To help you make a smart decision, we put together this post covering some of the most popular outdoor stones:
- Flagstone: When it comes to longevity, it’s tough to beat flagstone flooring. It’s great for patios and pool decks because it doesn’t require very much maintenance to retain its appearance. Keep in mind that flagstone does get really hot in direct sunlight and slippery when wet, so wearing shoes is always a good idea.
- Marble: Marble is both long lasting and beautiful! It’s a fantastic option for countertops and indoor floors, but it’s also great stone flooring for outdoors in Brooklyn, NY. It works well for sidewalks and porches, but be advised that you’ll need to keep it sealed to avoid stains and water absorption.
- Sandstone: If you have kids running and playing on your back deck or by the pool, consider sandstone. This tough rock can withstand anything thrown its way without suffering a scratch. The one downside is that sandstone doesn’t have a ton of color options.
- Granite: The strongest natural stone on the market is granite. On top of that, it’s beautiful for use both indoors and out! Granite is resistant to moisture, making it perfect for an uncovered back patio or a pool deck. Granite provides a fantastic appearance year in and year out without fading or getting damaged. In the winters, though, granite gets extremely cold to the touch.
- Slate: Like granite, slate is also waterproof, so it’s fantastic for outdoor use. Slate can also be installed with relative ease, so there’s no need for professional assistance. Unlike granite, however, slate is susceptible to scratching.
Is stone flooring right for you?
Now you know some of the best reasons to use outdoor stones in Brooklyn, NY, but are they right for you and your home? Here are a few reasons our customers choose stone instead of other flooring materials for both indoors and out:
- Boost property value: Your home is most likely the biggest investment you’ll ever make, so you should do what you can to increase its value if you ever want to sell it. Adding stone flooring outside drastically increases your property value and makes your home more attractive to potential buyers.
- Long-lasting option: Sure, you can go with wood or other materials for your pool deck or patio, but those other materials may need to be replaced after a few years of use. As we’ve discussed above, stone will stay looking great for years to come.
- Fantastic appearance: Whether you choose flagstone, granite or marble, you’ll end up with outdoor flooring that looks amazing! You really can’t beat the appearance of stone flooring outside.
If you’re choosing marble or granite for stone flooring for outdoors in Brooklyn, NY, be sure to come to Euro House Tile & Marble to pick it up. We have the largest selection of beautiful stone you’ll find anywhere in the city!
Categorised in: Stone Flooring